Documenting your API¶
Scribe tries to infer information about your API from your code, but you can enrich this information in the config and by using annotations (tags in doc block comments).
- Adding general information about your API
- Specifying metadata about an endpoint
- Documenting headers for endpoints
- Documenting query and URL parameters for an endpoint
- Documenting body and file parameters for an endpoint
- Documenting responses from an endpoint
Excluding endpoints from the documentation¶
You can exclude endpoints from the documentation by using the
@hideFromAPIDocumentation tag in the method or class doc block. Scribe will not extract any information about the route or add it to the generated docs.